Saturday 28 September 2013

A foolish Samurai Wielding A Magic Sword.

I'm really enjoying Illustrator as a creative tool, so I thought I'd try and work in a different look, I had a go at creating another picture based of one of my favourite shows. Samurai Jack was a series on cartoon network running from 2001 to 2004 and in my opinion is a fantastic piece of narrative storytelling. I also love the unique look of the show. Designed by the very talented Genndy Tartakovsky.
I had fun making this image and I love the interesting use of tones and lines and I'd love to do more with this style and see if I can get it moving.

I didn't want to work in this style without trying something slightly more original with it so I thought I'd try and apply some the design ideas I picked up to a self portrait. I'm not 100% happy with it but there are a lot of elements I like about it so it's interesting thinking about what I can do to improve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment